Opened in July 1922 by the Crown Prince of Sweden, Örjans Vall was orinally called Halmstads Idrottsplats. However by August the name was changed to Örjans Vall, after the medieval hospital called S:t Örjans, that once stood on the site. As well as being home ground for local teams Halmstads BK and IS Halmia, the stadium has been used to help host the 1956 Winter Olympics and the 1958 FIFA World Cup.
Örjans Vall hosted two FIFA World Cup 1958 matches. Both were Group 1 fixtures, involving Northern Ireland, Czechoslovakia and Argentina.
Construction: Opened 1922, Renovated 1972
Matches: Northern Ireland 1 : 0 Czechoslovakia (June 8), Argentina 3 : 1 Northern Ireland (June 11)