Stadio Artemio Franchi
Originally known as the Stadio Giovanni Berta, named after a local fascist, the Stadio Artemio Franchi opened in 1931. Over the years it has been used to host many important event including the 1934 World Cup, the 1945 Spaghetti Bowl (American Football), the 1960 Summer Olympics and the 1990 FIFA World Cup. Currently, it is the home ground for ACF Fiorentina.
The Stadio Giovanni Berta hosted four matches in World Cup 1990. Three were Group A games, and the other was the Argentina : Yugoslavia quarter final.
Matches: U.S.A. 1 : 5 Czechoslovakia (June 10), Austria 0 : 1 Czechoslovakia (June 15), Austria 2 : 1 U.S.A. (June 19), quarter-final Argentina 0 : 0 Yugoslavia [Argentina won 3 - 2 on penalties] (June 30)
World Cup 1990 Venues : Stadio Olimpico, San Siro, Stadio San Paolo, Stadio delle Alpi, Stadio San Nicola, Stadio Marc'Antonio Bentegodi, Stadio Artemio Franchi, Stadio Sant'Elia, Stadio Renato Dall'Ara, Stadio Friuli, Stadio La Favorita and Stadio Luigi Ferraris.